This is where I blog like it’s 2004.
This post does include affiliate links. If you make a purchase through those links, I am paid a small amount in way of advertising fees. Your price does not change, but your purchase indirectly helps support this site. So thanks!
The girls had their first ballet class this week. You should have seen how excited they were, both before and after. Did this mama’s heart good. There were three other girls in the class, all decked out in leotards and tutus. Most had been inspired by Angelina Ballerina. What can I say? Mice have influence in this world?
Seriously, the girls had a blast, telling me it was their “best day ever”. Wow! That’s high praise. I’m blessed that we can give them this little opportunity.
The rest of the week? It’s a blur, I tell ya. FishBoy11 had his first karate lesson. He likes that, too.
I’m reading through this book about the Bob of Bob’s Red Mill. I’m just really impressed by his story. I’ve been a fan of the products, but I had no idea what kind of life the man has lived. Wow! I’ve been reading it on the treadmill in the mornings while I listen to David Crowder Band on Pandora. I confess that I’ve gotten a little teary eyed with God-breathed words and a God-breathed life coming at me at 3 miles an hour.
It’s otherwise, just been a busy week with school starting back and a Pantry Challenge going on. I’m ready to sleep, but I actually need to get a little more organized and on top of things. We haven’t seen the laundry room since Christmas. How ’bout you?
Meanwhile, here’s what’s been happening on Life as MOM:
- Weekly Meal Plan to Print & Cook
- How to Improve Your Family’s Diet
- The Power of Play
- Time to Get on Zone Defense
- New Year’s Resolutions for Public School Parents
- Save Money with Kindle Matchbook
- Freezer Cooking: Protein Power in an Hour (free cooking plan)
- The Tyndale Rewards Program and a Chance to Win a Kindle Fire
I’ve also had the chance to write another Freezer Cooking series over on The Kitchn. Check out these posts:
- Have Your Fish and Freezer Meal, Too
- The Best Baked Goods to Freeze
- How I Make Burritos to Freeze
- How I Create Make-Ahead Baking Mixes
- The Art and Craft of Frozen Dinner Kits
Here’s what’s been happening on Good Cheap Eats:
- Homemade Spicy Turkey Sausage with Garlic and Basil
- Grocery Geek: Already Shopped
- 11 Ways to Use Up Leftovers
- Share Your Pantry Challenge
- Pantry Challenge 2014: Day 4
- Pantry Challenge 2014: Day 5
- Pantry Challenge 2014: Day 6
- Pantry Challenge 2014: Day 7
Coming next week:
- another free weekly meal plan
- Time Management Tips for Crazy Days
- How to Eat at Home More Often
- Set Your Wardrobe Up for Constant Success
- Prepping Your Paperwork for a Great Year
Be sure to let me know what stories and articles are helpful to you and what you’d like to see more of in the coming weeks. I want to make your “life as MOM” as fun and as easy as possible.