The weekly ramble: where I blog like it’s 2004.
Oh my. At this time last week, a little virus had snuck in the back door. One child vomited all day Friday; another had a sore throat and headache. And that was it. Or so we thought.
We breezed through Sunday and Monday thinking we had dodged a bullet. But, no. By Tuesday morning sore throats had hit four more of us. Yes, us.
Red alert: Mama down. I repeat, Mama down.
So much for the very productive week I had planned. Ahem. Instead, we made comfort foods. FishBoy16 made Bilbo’s Seed Cakes; I made muffins, Slab Apple Pie, and some experimental cream cheese, chocolate, and lady finger concoction that was quite delectable. We drank lots of tea, juice, and hot lemonade. And watched our way through the Harry Potter movies.
I didn’t sleep as much as I wished, but I got to spend time with my peeps, especially in the middle of the night. I kept reminding myself of what I tell you: this, too, shall pass. And while I probably won’t miss being woken three to four times in a night, I’ll probably miss being needed, being the comfort they seek, being the chosen one. Those are good things.
It was precious to cuddle with sleeping littles and to let them sleep as long as they possibly could in the morning. By Thursday night most of us started to feel human again. I’m looking forward to a do over next week. How about you?
Meanwhile, here’s what’s been happening on Life as MOM:
- Trade Worry for Prayer
- Weekly Meal Plan to Print & Cook #36
- How to Make Snacking Healthier (Plus 20 Healthy Snack Ideas for Kids)
- A Day in the Life with Kids Aged 16, 13, 11, 9, 7, and 5
- Make Your Life as MOM Calm, Peaceful, and Intentional
- 6 Ways to Get Help with the Housework
- Set Up Financial Files for the New Year
- Grocery Shopping on Amazon?
Here’s what’s been happening on Good Cheap Eats:
- How to Meal Plan on a Budget
- Learn to Like Cooking
- Real Lunches Real Easy
- Favorite Juices and Smoothies
- Cinnamon Toast Croutons
- Not Too Sweet Granola
Coming next week:
- another FREE printable meal plan and grocery list
- more ideas to improve your family’s diet
- more Zone Defense
- Ways to Protect Yourself Against Fraud
- DIY Anna & Elsa Costume tutorials
Be sure to let me know what stories and articles are helpful to you and what you’d like to see more of in the coming weeks. I want to make your “life as MOM” as fun and as easy as possible.