Make Valentine’s Day a family affair! Small things can mean so much. Here are just a few ways that you can show your family you love them on Valentine’s Day!
My mom always made an effort for holidays, big and small. I remember many years of receiving a gold charm (it was the 80s!) and a box of candy each Valentine morning. It wasn’t a huge deal, but it was. You know what I mean?
Here’s a roundup of some easy things that you can do between now and Friday night. I’m not talking Pinteresty kinds of things. Just small little tokens that will mean a lot to your kids.
Make special foods
- Enjoy special foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We’ve put together a Valentine’s Day Meal Plan and Grocery List to make it easy for you.
- Make a special treat for an afternoon snack like Fruit and Nut Energy Bites, Cinnamon Popcorn, or Cranberry Chocolate Snack Cake.
- If your family likes chocolate, try one of these 8 Sweet Valentine’s Desserts.
Give a small gift to your kids
- Fill a coupon book with special activities or acts of service.
- Put together a Playdough Kit with your child’s favorite colors or maybe some new cookie cutters.
- Make a Memory Game Set.
- Sew together a quick Microwaveable Heat Pack. Kids love to cuddle up with these at bedtime.
Spend time together as a family
- Plan a movie night. Check out some of our favorite movies for families.
- Have a game night. We think these 3 card games rock.
- Just play with your child.
- Try one of these practically free family night ideas.