The weekly ramble: where I blog like it’s 2004.
FishPapa and I just got back from a 36-hour trip to Ontario, CA. Not, Ontario, Canada, but Ontario, California. We took our two teenagers, FishBoy13 and FishBoy17 to the Great Homeschool Convention. I’ll be sharing more on Monday, but I’ll say now that it was great. I not only got to visit with two readers (Hi Beth! Hi Alicia!) but I also got to see local friends as well as catch up with Sarah and Tami, both friends from different parts of the state.
Last night FishBoy13 and I saw a great comedy show while FishBoy17 and FishPapa watched the nail biter of a hockey game. The Kings won the Stanley Cup AGAIN, my people! Yay!
It was a great weekend in so many ways. I hope that I can process it all tonight and tomorrow and be able to share my thoughts coherently. I’m renewed in this amazing journey teaching my kids at home and feel a burst of energy to school through the summer. I kinda took a break in May so it feels like we’ve already had a bit of a break.
I just spent the last hour or so ordering books online since the vendors weren’t selling what I wanted or weren’t offering discounts. Bummer for them. CBD got my business this year — and my $400.
Meanwhile, here’s what’s been happening on Life as MOM:
- Gambling on Jesus
- 9 Ways to Have a Great Week
- Enjoy 50 Books with Kids
- 30 Summer Activities to Promote Kindergarten Readiness
- How to Use Up Those Gift Cards You’ve Been Stashing (Frugal Friday)
- How to Make a Lego Money Holder
Here’s what’s been happening on Good Cheap Eats:
- Take the Guesswork Out of Buying Great Wine
- Pesto and Tomato French Bread Pizza
- Easy Ways to Season Vegetables | Recipe: Lemon Broccoli and Peas
New to Life as MOM? Check out this good stuff from the archives.
Coming next week:
- Looking Forward as a Homeschool Mom
- Withholding Judgement
- A new Freezer Cooking Plan
- A new $70 or Less Meal Plan
Be sure to let me know what stories and articles are helpful to you and what you’d like to see more of in the coming weeks. I want to make your “life as MOM” as fun and as easy as possible.