I made this for lunch last week, and FishBoy11 and Papa were just so pleased. Super easy and very good, especially with the yummy toppings!
Recipe: Bean and Meat Crockpot Enchilada
- 2 1/4 cups enchilada sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 pound grated cheddar cheese
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey, seasoned, browned and drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- Toppings: salsa, sour cream, avocado
- Spray inside of crock with nonstick cooking spray. Pour one-quarter cup enchilada sauce in bottom of crock and spread to cover.
- Place 1-2 tortillas in bottom of crock, depending on the size of your crockpot. Layer with one-fourth cup each of cheese, ground beef, and black beans. Drizzle one-quarter cup enchilada sauce over top.
- Repeat layers until ingredients are used up, topping last tortilla with sauce and then cheese. Sprinkle black olives over top.
- Cook in slow cooker for 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low.
- Serve with toppings on the side.