But, really, the activities laid out in Camp Wannalaffalotta can provide hours of family engagement all year long. Next rainy day, go browse the archives. Or if you’re building a preschool experience at home, the Camp Wannalaffalotta series can provide a wealth of topics to explore.
Ready to talk about food?
Food is such a big part of our everyday that there is no shortage of topics and resources you could explore with your children. I am barely scratching the surface today. Nutrition, food preparation, and gardening are all great topics to discuss. Communicating about how, why, and what we eat helps our kids learn good eating habits as well as understand some of the methods to our madness.
Picture Books and Easy Readers
- The Berenstein Bears and Too Much Junk Food
- From the Garden: A Counting Book about Growing Food
- How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food?
- Pancakes, Pancakes!
- Blueberries for Sal
- The Magic School Bus Gets Eaten: A Book About Food Chains
- My Food Pyramid
- Good Enough to Eat: A Kid’s Guide to Food and Nutrition
- The Honey Makers
- The Milk Makers
- The Vegetables We Eat
Get a Movie On!
Got a great food related activity?
Share it in the comments.