Thank you to everyone who submitted a Fourth of July recipe. How fun! This week we’re talking cool food. Last summer I shared my version of Creamy Layers Gelatin, made with ice cream instead of Cool Whip.
This week has me leaning toward a favorite salad of mine that couldn’t be simpler to prepare. And it’s so good it’s almost addicting. I love salads because how easy and versatile they are. They are a fantastic meal for summertime when it’s just too hot to heat the oven. Need help to build a better salad? Read the basics to making a great salad and customize your salads to your tastes and pantry.
In the meantime, make this!
Summary: How’s that for a froofy, cooking magazine kind of name? This is a delicious and easy salad. Balsamic vinegar is so mild, you can use it straight. If you prefer, add 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
- 2 handfuls romaine lettuce, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles, depending on how cheesy you want it
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- slivered red onion, to taste
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- On a plate layer the ingredients in order, ending with drizzling of balsamic vinegar.
Number of servings (yield): 1
What’s a favorite cool recipe at your house?
Share it on Ultimate Recipe Swap! Here’s how to participate in:
1. Post your recipe on your blog. Please mention www.lifeasMOM.com in your post so that your readers know where all the other good recipes are hanging out. Then, come back here to add the link to your post to Mr. Linky below. (Find instructions for Mr. Linky here.) OR
2. If you don’t have a blog, simply post your recipe or tell us about it in the comments section.
3. Above all, please stick to topic. Most weeks there is a theme; this week is Cool Recipes! Please stick to topic or you will be chopped.
Next week: Grilling, BBQ, Cooking Out, “Whatever-You-Call-It-When-You-Cook-Over-An-Open-Fire” Recipes