Mashed Potatoes for the Freezer
These mashed potatoes are delicious, easy to prepare, and can be frozen in advance.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 8 russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into cubes
- In large pot of cold water, bring potatoes to a boil. Simmer until tender. Drain water.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher or hand mixer. Once smooth, mix in cream cheese, salt and pepper. Dot with butter. Serve immediately or cool, label, and freeze.
- If serving from frozen, bake in 350° oven for about 45 minutes or until hot through. Fluff with a fork before serving. (And feel free to add a little milk or cream if you think it’s too dry.)