Some people may think this is an odd way to spend Friday night. While I’ve never been a big party girl, I’ll claim six children and the stomach flu as my excuse. We were supposed to be in Santa Ynez, but our plans had to change.
Always one to make lemonade when life hands me lemons, I’ve been cleaning like a fiend today. And my twitter friends kept me company and offered me all sorts of great trades. JessieLeigh, my bathroom is still waiting!
Besides seven loads of laundry, mopping the entire ground floor, and cleaning and vacuuming my room, I straightened up my pantry. Good thing, too. I had no idea I had so much pasta or that we really did have six bags of microwave popcorn. These are helpful things to know, going into the weekend.
And so, big sister that I am, I suggest you go straighten your cupboards as well. Ditch the crumbs and empty boxes, consolidate the snacks in a basket, and line everything up nice and neat. Here’s why:
1. People will be hungry this weekend. People will want you to feed them.
2. If you know what you have, you’ll know what to cook.
3. People will be hungry this weekend. People will want you to feed them.
4. If you know what you have, you can better shop and menu plan.
5. Did I mention, people will be hungry this weekend. People will want you to feed them.
Now go get a good start on your weekend. I’ve got to go clean my bathroom.