Fun week here! Janel and her two girls came to stay for a few days. All eight of our family’s cousins were in one household. It was fun to see how they mingled.
This is me and my youngest sister Janel. Yes, the only picture of us — bed head and all. I can post this without guilt because I’m the bossy big sister.
My younger niece, Lucie, is a bit shy and quiet. I think I heard her talk twice when I visited them in Virginia last May. So, I joked that I’d pay five bucks to the first person to break the ice and get Lu to speak directly to him or her.
This guy nabbed the prize. He absolutely doted on his cousin all weekend, not knowing that there was cash at stake. They played and played and eventually, Lucie was chatting up a storm.
Here’s hoping that Uncle Brett gets a job in California next year when he finishes law school!
Meanwhile, here’s what’s been happening on Life as MOM:
- We Can’t Always Be There, But He Can
- Weekly Meal Plan to Print and Cook #15
- Why You Should Rent a Condo on Your Next Family Vacation
- Zone Defense: Kid Stuff (the new assignment for the month)
- Summer Fun: What to Take to the Beach
- Reader Q&A: How do you motivate kids to do chores?
- Summer Fun: How to Get the Sand Off
- Helping the Disorganized Student
- Fill the Freezer with Easy Recipes for Summer
- What’s in the Produce Box This Week?
- How to Save Money on Road Trips
- Summer Fun: 30 Ways to Get Outside
- A Giveaway from Motor Oil Matters
Coming next week:
- another FREE printable meal plan
- more DIY on a Dime: Summer Fun
- How to Use the Produce Box Squash
- Simple Ways to Improve Your Posture
- School Supplies Already?
Be sure to let me know what stories and articles are helpful to you and what you’d like to see more of in the coming weeks. I want to make your “life as MOM” as fun and as easy as possible.