The weekly ramble: where I blog like it’s 2004.
Or 1994, for that matter!
Twenty years ago this week Fish popped the question. It was his birthday and we went out to dinner at The Palace, where he had said we would only go for a special occasion, like getting engaged or something. I tried really hard not to get my hopes up. But, my friend and landlady knew something was up when my construction guy boyfriend arrived at the door dressed like this. She snapped a photo just in case.
I ordered the Chicken Tchoupitoulas and nervously ate my supper. But, no big conversations that I can remember. It wasn’t until we went walking along the wall at the Biltmore, and he got down on one knee that things started to get serious. Yikes! I’m getting nervous all over again just thinking about it!
Needless to say, I said yes. Eventually. I actually forgot to answer him. I hugged and kissed him instead. He had to make sure and said, “Does that mean yes?”
And the rest, as they say, is history.
To celebrate, I made him a hockey cake to commemorate 51 years of awesomeness. I had planned to make a chocolate cheesecake with a sour cream topping so that the “ice rink” would be all set. But, he foiled my plans for asking for regular cake. I improvised the ice by using a jewel case from a CD. Oh well.
Hockey season approaches along with the winter Olympics, so I’ll try my hand at another hockey cake.
Meanwhile, here’s what’s been happening on Life as MOM:
- Will You Let It Break You?
- Weekly Meal Plan to Print & Cook #37
- How to Get Your Kids to Eat More Vegetables
- The Day Google Reader Died
- January Booking It: Guernsey, Neither Here Nor There, & People Before Profit
- Enjoy 50 Books with Kids — on sale for $5 this week only (ends Sunday night)
- DIY Anna Costume from Disney’s Frozen
- DIY Elsa Costume from Disney’s Frozen
- Zone Defense Check-In: Your Personal Space
Here’s what’s been happening on Good Cheap Eats:
- Stocking Your Pantry for Cold and Flu Season
- Fill Your Freezer to Eat Well and Spend Less
- 25 Great Appetizers for The Big Game
- I’ve Got a Meal Plan. Now What?
- Grocery Geek: Pantry Challenge Fail?
- Jessika’s Roasted Vegetables
- Alfredo Mac and Cheese
Coming next week:
- A FREE printable meal plan
- How to Get Your Kids to Eat More Whole Grains
- a special Be My Valentine series
- Saving Money on Food Costs
- Zone Defense: the Kitchen (new assignment and BEFORE pictures)
Be sure to let me know what stories and articles are helpful to you and what you’d like to see more of in the coming weeks. I want to make your “life as MOM” as fun and as easy as possible.