The weekly ramble: where I blog like it’s 2004.
This post does include affiliate links. If you make a purchase through those links, I am paid a small amount in way of advertising fees. Your price does not change, but your purchase indirectly helps keep this show on the road. So thanks!
We call this “Bored Girl at a Museum”. She was hungry and more than done with browsing the San Diego Museum of Art earlier this week. But, she’s so stinking cute, isn’t she?! I couldn’t resist taking her photo.
It was actually a really fun time. It tested us for what’s to come in Europe. As in, how can I keep six kids interested and engaged at the Louvre? My
desperate brilliant mind came up with all kinds of questions to ask the kids in order to get them to interact with the paintings — or at least look at them.
we most of us really enjoyed the Sorolla exhibit. I love his beachscapes as well as his portraits. I’m thinking of buying this book. I don’t have many coffee table books, so that would be a cool one to have, but I also don’t have a coffee table, so maybe not.
I resisted the museum gift shops, but they were tempting! Can you tell? Instead, I came home, hopped on Amazon, and bought this art book to work through with the kids. FishChick7 has already starting reading it. It’s got a great list of questions to ask kids about artwork in it.
We viewed the entire museum, but the Sorollas were my favorite. Second was the pieces that were recovered by the Monuments Men. Yes, really! They placed placards near those pieces so we could know that bonus history of the paintings. (I just finished the book this week and highly recommend it.) Can you tell fine art has been on the brain?
In other news, we’re just plugging along, doing school and trying to have some fun as well. I crave a little more routine than we have right now, but I’m not sure how to pull it off. It becomes increasingly more difficult as my kids get older. They all have minds of their own. Interestingly enough!
It still feels like herding cats. And then I have to remind myself of this.
Follow me on instagram.
Meanwhile, here’s what’s been happening on Life as MOM:
- Get Your Meal Plan On
- Things I Know about Our Homeschool
- Hyatt Place Is Family Friendly
- Chores & Kids: What You Can Ask of Them
- We All Have Different Stories
- Make Some Simple Freezer Meals (Frugal Friday & a Free Printable Meal Plan)
Here’s what’s been happening on Good Cheap Eats:
- Our Meal Plan for the Week
- 5 Great Ways to Prepare for Quick Summer Meals
- 12 Easy Make-Ahead Appetizers
- Making Burger Patties for the Freezer
- Homemade Spice Mixes (Recipe: Fishmama Spice)
Get Reading this Summer!
- Happy Reading, Happy Summer Sale – get a coupon code for $3 off a $6 or more purchase in the Life as MOM Store
- How to Find a Good Read
- Summer Fun: Reading Hour
- Enjoy 50 Books with Kids
- 10 Great Book Series for Kids
- Have your kids participate in the Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program and earn a FREE book.
Coming next week:
- A new Dinners for $70 or Less Plan that can be shopped at Trader Joe’s
- What to Wear in the Months after Having a Baby
- Reconnecting with Old Friends
- Summer Learning for Kids (& Parents, Too)
- The Beauty of Mom Food
Be sure to let me know what stories and articles are helpful to you and what you’d like to see more of in the coming weeks. I want to make your “life as MOM” as fun and as easy as possible.