You know how I love me a good deal. And free deals are even better. Have you heard about SwagBucks?
A couple years ago I heard about this online search engine that awarded you points randomly when you searched the web. I was a little skeptical at first. It sounded too good to be true that you could really acrue enough points to redeem them for much of anything.
Well, I’ve been pleasantly surprised. Not only has our family won multiple free Starbucks gift cards, but we’ve also redeemed points for Amazon gift cards which we traded in for Christmas presents, school books, even a GPS.
When you search using SwagBucks, you are randomly awarded points. Sometimes you have to type in a code, so pay attention. Sometimes, you just win the bucks without having to do anything. I set Swagbucks as the homepage to our computer. In this way, no one forgets. The family just automatically uses this search engine for online searches. You can also download the SwagBucks toolbar which makes for easier searching.
But there are even more ways to earn SwagBucks besides internet searches:
- Do your online shopping through the SwagBucks portal and you will earn 2 SwagBucks for every dollar you spend. They even provide online coupons to redeem to get your purchase for a lower price. There are lots of stores to choose from like Dell, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and Circuit City. (Can you tell I’m in the market for a new computer?)
- SwagBucks posts “special offers” that award you points for participating or even just browsing. I don’t have a lot of experience with this aspect of it, so please read the fine print. One example: New subscribers to Netflix can earn 850 SwagBucks when they sign up with SwagBucks.
- Trade in old cell phones, MP3 players, video games, and consoles for points.
- Win points when you vote in SwagBucks’ daily polls.
- Simply tell your friends and family about SwagBucks and receive referall points when they sign up.
Plus they are highlighting a different value SwagBucks every day this week (6/7 – 6/11). Every 7th search will be a winner.