We are book fiends at our house. My dad used to complain that I always had my “nose in a book.” Thankfully, my kids are no different. They all love to read. Little Man (FishBoy5) is just starting to read and you wouldn’t believe how happy he is to tell someone that he read a whole book “by hisself.” Oh, to see that modest/not-so-modest grin on his face! So sweet! (see above)
There are several sources that I use to find good books:
- my mother – a former kindergarten teacher and now a college professor who trains teachers, she collects children’s books and always has some good hand-me-downs to send our way.
- books like Honey For a Child’s Heart and A to Zoo which give recommendations for different ages and book subjects
- whatever my kids find on the shelf at the library
- the recommendations of friends
- publishers kind enough to share
Got a great book recommendation? We’re always looking for great books. Share yours in the comments.
Disclosure: I received review copies of these books.