Photo Source: Eye of Einstein
One of the things that we love to do as a family is to watch movies. It’s usually a weekly event. It’s rare that we go to the movie theatre, but when we do, it is a fun event. Regularly, we watch movies at home and we have a little ritual that goes on.
- Pop corn in the air popper, drench it with butter.
- Kids swarm the parent holding the popcorn bowl and each fills his bowl.
- Set the movie to play. We prefer DVDs since us old folks need to have subtitles ’cause we can’t hear above the din of the crowd. (It also helps little guys practice their reading skills.)
- Somebody has to go to the bathroom before the title sequence appears. Press pause.
- Enjoy a great flick and laugh and cry together. Usually it’s just me doing the crying.
- Parents eat most of the popcorn since they’re holding the big bowl.
- Smaller children fall asleep amid popcorn and laughter and are carried to bed before they wake and have a second wind.
- Fun memories are made.
In case you didn’t know, the Oscars are quickly approaching – next Sunday to be exact. Why not host your own Family Film Festival? So fun to watch multiple movies in a row.
Unsure how to fit movies into the budget? You’d be surprised how inexpensively you can catch a flick.
Wondering how to get hubby to watch a chick flick? There are some great movies for men that don’t include blood, gore, or Nascar.
What’s your family movie tradition?