Find a good read and boost the richness in your life — and in your kids’ lives, too.
Reading a good book can bring such a boost to your everyday — and to that of our kids. I am having a great time watching my littlest ones explore books together. They are both on the cusp of entering the world of books on their own. And my bigger ones? What joy to see that even though they love today’s technology, they still love a good read.
As moms, we should be reading, too. Something other than the back of a cereal box or the quick blog post. There’s something so “real” about curling up with a good book in a cozy chair — even if you’re journeying to another world. Here are some tips and tricks to making reading an everyday thing at your house.
Reading for Moms
- How to Find a Good Read
- To Be More Joyful: Read a Good Book
- 10 Books that are Necessary to Life
- Finding Time to Read
- Join us for Booking It each month!
Don’t forget! Later this week we’re Booking It. This month’s read was The Dirty Life: A Memoir of Farming, Food, and Love by Kristin Kimball. Come on Thursday ready to chat about your latest reads.
Reading with Kids
- 7 Ways to Encourage Your Children to Read
- Family Novels You Don’t Mind Reading Over & Over & Over
- Library Day, Boys, and Family Culture
- 3 Great Read Aloud Handbooks
- Read Alouds for Preschoolers
- Managing Library Resources