So, today’s the day. The biggest sales day for retailers across the country. The day after Thanksgiving, traditionally known as Black Friday, is the day that merchants hope to find themselves “in the black.” They want your money. It’s Christmas, anyway. Why not? Go spend. It’ll help the economy, stupid.
Well, before you do, I have some reading for you to do:
- Check out Dave Ramsey’s Top 10 Christmas Shopping Mistakes
- Read my tips on simplifying Christmas (and your spending) over at this month’s Carolina Parent.
- Browse this post on Christmas on a Zero Budget – full of great gift ideas for pennies or less!
- Get the scoop on Black Friday Deals before you hit the stores.
- The Happy Housewife put together a great Frugal Family Gift Guide which includes great suggestions for large families.
- The Shopping Mama offers some suggestions for saner Black Friday shopping.
Got a money-saving idea to share with us? I hope so! Link up with your favorite permalinks. Please, no posts that are solely deals, giveaways or affiliate links. Share money-saving concepts so that we can all learn and grow in our money matters.
Don’t forget! December 11 is a special $10 Gift Frugal Friday.