It’s easy to get wrapped up in the Christmas fun that we do for our families. I know. I often have the best intentions to share with others outside of our family, but it doesn’t always happen. For me, I know it is helpful to have a list of ideas ready to slip into the budget, so that I can give freely.
Here are some ideas on how you can give to others all year long and especially at Christmas:
- Sponsor a child through Compassion. If you already do, consider giving an extra gift.
- Give to Mercy House, a non-profit home for young pregnant girls in Kenya.
- Volunteer at the local homeless shelter.
- Send love in a shoebox through Operation Christmas Child.
- Donate extra funds to a favorite charity.
- Buy canned goods to fill the shelves at your local food pantry.
- Browse the World Vision catalog to see how you can help those less fortunate.