Lentil Minestrone Soup (URS: One Dish Dinners)

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We participate in other affiliate programs as well. For more details, please see our disclosure policy.

This week on URS, we’re sharing one dish dinners. It seemed only appropriate to invite my friend Erin, the $5 Dinner Mom to come share her latest project and a tasty dish.

The following is written by Erin Chase of $5 Dinners and One Dish Dinners:

Lentil Minestrone Soup | Life as Mom

Ever since becoming a mom, I’ve felt like life just keeps getting faster and faster. And faster.

We have a gazillion things happening in each of our days, but that doesn’t mean we have to sacrifice important things like a healthy dinner. Or our sanity.

One Dish Dinners is about making simple, healthful meals…all in the same dish. Over 90% of the recipes are made all in one dish (casserole, slow cooker, grill, Dutch oven), and the other 10% are mostly cooked in the same dish with perhaps a simple side like bread or fresh fruit. I wanted to share this soup with you guys because it is very low maintenance (as most soups are)…sauté a little, add some ingredients, bring to boil, simmer…

And then while the flavors are mingling and the ingredients cooking together into a delicious and hearty meal for your family, you can be shuffling through the mail, making a phone call or two, and getting the kids started into their table setting routine.

You get your healthy dinner. You don’t lose your sanity. Win. Win.

If you are interested in learning more, you can visit OneDishDinners for recipes and tips and tricks. You can also sign up for a recipe or tip to be emailed to you once a week from One Dish Dinners. Also, my One Dish Dinners cookbook, with over 150 tried and true recipes, will be out late summer 2012.

And without further ado, I give you my latest one dish dinner creation…

Ultimate Recipe SwapGot a favorite recipe that can be made in one dish? We’d love to hear about it!

Next week: Soups

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


  1. Thank you for hosting, I look forward to seeing all the one pot ideas. It makes clean up after a long work day easy!

    This week I shared my one pot chicken potato bake. You can use any bone in chicken and any potato you like.

  2. I love one dish dinners! I often will change a recipe so I am able to just throw it in one dish. I often have cooked quinoa in the fridge which makes this Asian Quinoa a great one pot meal, thanks!

  3. To make this gluten free you could substitute cooked brown rice–yummy recipe, thanks!

  4. this lentil minestrone is AWESOME! my only changes…I added browned, crumbled Italian sausage and used Italian green beans instead of kidney….still really good! So easy and dinner tonight!