This weekend, I went to survey the status of the freezer. I was wondering if perhaps we were scratching the bottom of the barrel. But, no.
I found a few freezer meals and — lo and behold — a whole turkey, several chickens, and a few roasts. So, you can guess what we’ll be eating in the next two weeks. I also froze most of our Christmas ham, so I have that to experiment with.
We’ll be good on protein. I’m just not sure about the rest of the meal. There are plenty of carrots and green beans. We’ve got some potatoes and pasta. The rice is gone, but there’s always quinoa.
“There’s always quinoa.”
You says that?!
Anyway, the Pantry Challenge is going fairly well over here. Getting sick didn’t help. But, that can’t be helped.
As for the meal plan for the week?
Well, that’s here:
Breakfasts — all with fruit and yogurt
Lunches — all with veggies
- Turkey Sandwiches
- Pasta Salad
- Cheese and crackers
- Ham & Bean Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Pork Roast, Potatoes, Veg
- Roast chicken, potatoes, salad
- Baked chicken, quinoa, green beans
- Chicken Noodle Casserole, Green Salad
- Ham and Potato Gratin, Vegetable, Rolls
- Beef Taquitos, Beans, Rice, Green Salad
- Bean & Rice
What’s cooking at YOUR house?
Don’t forget to visit Menu Plan Monday for more ideas.