It wouldn’t be a celebration without some good eats. And you know how we like those around here. New Year’s Eve just invites you to have some yummy munchies! We’re especially excited to ring in the new year with the Paine family who arrived yesterday for a visit. So happy to include them in our New Year’s celebrations.
Each December 31st the FishFam enjoys what we call a “snacky dinner.” After a few years it’s become a well-anticipated tradition. After all, hors d’oeuvres are great kid food because you can eat them with your fingers! And since cocktail foods usually don’t involve flatware, there should be few dishes. Talk about the perfect family-friendly feast!
Some of our favorite New Years munchies include:
- potstickers, summer rolls, and egg rolls with dipping sauces
- quesadillas (try PW’s if you’re adventuresome)
- veggies and ranch dip
- hummus (I prefer Trader Joe’s spicy and roasted garlic versions) and potato chips
- a fruit platter
- Garlic Brie bread
- pigs in blankets
- chips and salsa or Not-Soggy-Nachos
- sauteed shrimp
- cheese and baguette or crackers
- New Year’s cake (with 2010, of course)
- sparkling apple cider
What will you serve on New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day? Share your recipe or menu idea with us!
1. Post your recipe on your blog. Please mention www.LifeasMOM.com in your post. Then, come back here to add your link to Mr. Linky below. (Find instructions for Mr. Linky here.) )
2. If you don’t have a blog, simply tell us about your recipe in the comments section.
Next week: Healthier Recipes and Meal Ideas