A round-up of homeschool curriculum choices.
We are currently a few weeks into the school year. We’re just starting to get into a groove. Thankfully, that groove is making its mark now before we add hockeyx3 and sciencex2 into the mix. Oy!
I confess, I had to create an hour-by-hour schedule for the school day so that I can make sure each kid gets what he needs. I hate scheduling, but this is working for now. Trying to manage without it was just a recipe for disaster.
A Curricula Round-Up
Over the past few months, I’ve been sharing my “picks” for homeschooling. I’m still learning what works and what doesn’t. We’ve found some absolute gems over the years, and we’re still exploring other curriculum each year as well.
Here’s the low-down in case you missed the series.
- Why We Do School at Home
- The Well-Trained Mind: A Road Map for Our Homeschool
- Math Picks for Homeschooling
- How I Taught My Kids to Read
- Grammar Picks for Homeschooling
- History and Literature Picks for Home Learning
- Science Picks for Homeschooling
- Teaching Writing to Kids
- Tips for Teaching Foreign Languages to Kids
Don’t forget that there are several “homeschoolish” giveaways this week that you won’t want to miss!
- Student Writing Intensive from IEW
- A Set of Dry Erase Map Wall Decals from Wall Pops
- Traditional Logic from Memoria Press
The giveaways are open until Friday night.
I hope you have a great year, no matter what kind of school you do in your family!