If you haven’t seen the show, you’ve heard about it. Extreme couponing = People dumpster diving for coupons so that they can go clear the grocery shelves and get loads of free stuff that they hoard in their closets, basements, and garages. Certainly there are critics as well as proponents of such practices.
And, yes, a bit of hyperbole.
Regardless of how you feel about the show and the practices of extreme couponing, grocery prices are on the rise. And as I mentioned the other day, I will not go quietly into this good night.
While I love, love, LOVE to get a great coupon deal, I know that it is not the only way to save money. In fact, there are some tried and true methods to saving money on groceries that will allow you to eat well and spend less without going to such extreme measures.
In fact, you can even eat healthy, wholesome food on a budget. No Hamburger Helper here.
This month I’m collaborating with a group of amazing women to share with you techniques that work for real families throughout the US and Canada. It’s been so exciting to read these posts and the comments that follow and to see that real moms with real families are learning new ideas, getting their questions answered and sharing what works for them.
In real life, not on TV.
If you haven’t already, check out these posts from the week!
- Aimee from Simple Bites – Homemade Substitutes for Pantry Staples (wet)
- Alyssa from Kingdom First Mom – Couponing on Healthier Foods
- Carrie from Denver Bargains – Foundational Principles to Saving Money with Coupons
- Katie from Good Life Eats – Homemade Substitutes for Pantry Staples (dry)
- Katie from Kitchen Stewardship – Finding Whole Foods in Unexpected Places/Saving $ by Cooking Differently
- Mandi from Life Your Way – Saving on Generics to Reassign Monies to Fresh Produce
- Shaina from Food for My Family – Menus and Meal Planning
- Tammy from Tammy’s Recipes – Purchasing Food in Bulk Quantities, Long Term Storage
- Your Truly from LifeasMOM – Avoid Expensive Ingredients to Save Money
Stay tuned for next week when we all share our top 5 Frugal Meals!