Every year in January and July, our family plays a real life game of Chopped. I shop the pantry first before I head to the store. After years of hosting it on both Life as Mom and my food blog, Good Cheap Eats, all the chatter is mostly housed on Good Cheap Eats.
This “eat from the pantry” challenge is a great way for our family to eat well, save money, waste less, and learn to be smarter shoppers.
If you’d like to do a Pantry Challenge of your own, these posts will help you prepare and see success in the endeavor:
- Preparing for a Pantry Challenge
- What is a Pantry Challenge and What is It Not?
- What is a Pantry Challenge and How Can It Save You Money? :: Food Your Way
- The Benefits of Eating Down the Pantry :: Keeper of the Home
- Eat Down the Freezer to Make Space and Save Money
- 8 Ways to Avoid Eating Out
- Save Money with a Pantry Challenge :: $5 Dinners
- Shop Your Kitchen to Plan Your Meals :: Organizing Junkie
- How to Build a Pantry that Works for You :: Food Your Way
The next Pantry Challenge runs from January 4 to 31, 2015. I hope you’ll join us!