As we come to the end of the year, I encourage you to go back through the year and see what books you’ve read. I’ve done this each year over time and found it so encouraging to be reminded that I spent my time in worthy pursuits.
That said, I am amazed to say that I read 20 books this year. And seriously, if you hadn’t made me, I don’t think I would have made such an effort. So thanks for spurring me on and for recommending so many great books! I had such a good time!
Here’s my list:
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- Hear No Evil by Matthew Paul Turner
- Moccasin Trail by Eloise Jarvis McGraw
- The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald
- Hudson Taylor: Deep in the Heart of China by Janet and Geoff Benge
- In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan
- The $5 Dinner Mom Cookbook by Erin Chase
- The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry by Kathleen Flinn
- The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland 2010 by Bob Sehlinger
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
- The Search for Delicious by Natalie Babbitt
- Steady Days by Jamie Martin
- Shades of Morning by Margo Shalesky
- The Bible in 90 Days
- The Well-Trained Mind by Jessie Wise and Susan Wise Bauer
- The One-Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard and Spencer Johnson
- Do More Great Work by Michael Bungay Stanier
- Finding Your Purpose as a Mom by Donna Otto
- The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks
- On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness by Andrew Peterson – this was my “read again” since last month. I wanted to get lost in something fun and this was it. So good!
Now, here’s a big question.
Do you want to Book It in 2011?
I’d love to have your input as I plan out next year here at LifeasMOM. So, time to share your two cents!
So, read any good books lately?
Share your link below or tell us about your latest reads in the comment section. Can’t wait to get some more good ideas!