Mix up this simple hot drink mix as a quick and easy gift.
I first mixed up this minty milk concoction about ten years ago when I found candy canes on sale. For ten cents a box. I couldn’t help but experiment with them.
My 12yo has remembered that experiment all these years. Recently, he asked me to make it again.
It’s incredibly easy and makes a great gift. Powdered candy canes are mixed with dry milk powder. The result is a flavored hot milk beverage — or a flavored creamer to add to cocoa, tea, or coffee. Easy peasy.
Peppermint Milk Mix
- 1 1/2 cups dry powdered milk
- 1/2 cup powdered candy canes (about 5 large, pulverized in blender or food processor)
- additional candy canes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine powdered milk and candy cane powder. Whisk to combine.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To serve: combine 1/4 cup mix with 6 ounces hot water. Stir to combine well. Serve hot with a candy cane on the side.
This is part of the DIY on a Dime: Great Gifts series. For more easy and frugal gift ideas, check out the list.