As back to school season gears up, it’s time to dust off that slow cooker! Using these Easy Weeknight Crockpot Meals, you can prep dinner in the morning to save time and stress less while you figure out that whole new school routine!
Whether you send your kids off to school or teach them yourself, the start of the school year can be busy! So many school routines to learn and good habits to get back into. Give yourself a break with these easy weeknight crockpot meals to take the edge off the witching hour.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox. Plus, I’ll send you time- and money-saving tips every week!
I feel like Back-to-School season is akin to going to battle. No matter how you choose to educate your kids, there’s a huge shift in schedules, routines, and yes, meal planning. No more haphazard dinners of ice cream and popcorn!
Time to figure out drop-off and pick-ups, new classes, new routines, and what to serve for dinner! Easy Weeknight Crockpot Meals can be a saving grace during this transition time and into the fall and winter months.
Why It Matters
You save time. When you load the slow cooker in the morning or even the afternoon, you are buying yourself some time later. When you’re busier in that afternoon rush, you won’t have to figure out when you’ll make dinner; it’s already made!
You stress less. Knowing that dinner plans are sorted will allow you to enjoy the daze a little bit more and stress less. There are so many benefits to managing your stress. Who knew the Crock-pot could help with that?
Obviously, you need a slow cooker in order to prep these Easy Weeknight Crockpot Meals, but there are a few other tools that can make your meal prep and clean-up easier.
- Slow cooker or Instant pot with slow cooker function – I have slow cookers in several sizes and shapes which allows me a lot of versatility in what I make. One fall I used the slow cooker for an entire month! If you want something that multitasks, an electric pressure cooker with a slow cooker function can be a good option.
- liners – You can purchase slow cooker liners to make clean-up a breeze. These are heat safe and disposable. Reynolds makes some as do some other brands.
- airtight containers – Whether you’re prepping the components for your crockpot meal in advance, storing leftovers, or making extra to freeze, have some airtight containers on hand to make things easy.
There are so many great things you can slow cook. Consider one of these easy weeknight crockpot meals:
- whole chicken, wings, and pieces
- egg bakes
- hot sandwiches
- taco and sandwich fillings
- stews and chilis
- potatoes (baked as well as buttered)
Tips for Success
While slow cooking is a fairly easy process, there are some tips to keep in mind for optimum success when you make these easy weeknight crockpot meals:
It’s okay to skimp. The Crock-pot is great for braising cheap cuts of meat which can be a little tough and require longer cooking times. Perfect for slow cooking!
Go big and freeze extra for later. It’s so easy to prep a big batch of chili, pasta sauce, beans, soup, or stews in the Crockpot and freeze extra for later. Having a stash in the freezer will save you time, money, and effort in the weeks to come.
Use the right size pot. For best results, your slow cooker shouldn’t be more than 2/3 full. Match your recipe to the right size pot.
Prep ahead. Remember you can prepare freezer crockpot meals in advance to save even more time!
Check out these Easy Weeknight Crockpot Meals from busy moms who know you need to take it easy.